Monday, March 28, 2011

Comedians Now Flipping Houses

North End housing No Joke
Todd Allen, a transplanted Canadian living in L.A. and working as a stand-up comic, found himself with extra time on his hands last year while perfor­ming here at Rumor’s Comedy Club. "I was here working, but my sets were only 45 minutes a night, so I had a lot of time on my hands," he said via telephone from L.A. Allen rented a bike and began exploring the city. His adventure eventually took him to the North End. "I was baffled at how great some of the housing deals were. Then when I looked at the rental market and saw how high it was; I’ve never seen such a situation," he said. Allen was so impressed by what he saw that he decided to buy a house in the area. He has since sold it and purchased another investment property on Aberdeen Avenue. "I’ve been around North America and never seen things like this," said Allen, who plans to fix up the house and resell it later this spring.

No comments: